Saturday, June 13, 2020

Hungering and thirsting for Righteousness

  After leaving the church - in frustration of ever-learning, but never coming to a knowledge of the Truth because of vain jangling and forms of godliness without substance of things hoped for - decades ago, in search of knowing Christ after the Spirit, I found in my searching out and hungering for the righteousness of God, an increasing appetite for the Bible. I purchased the Bible on cassette tapes and listened 6 - 8 hours daily at work. Within weeks I was addicted to hearing the scriptures straight without commentary or private interpretation. While my coworkers listened to country or heavy metal, I was listening to the Bible. This actually upset one of them who came up to my face and mocked. So I knew then, how the world hated the Bible because it contains the words of Jesus and the gospel of Christ and the books of the apostles and prophets.

E K K L E S I A - Apostolic 491

No comments:

Post a Comment